The history of OJSC "Volgomost" began almost 80 years ago, in 1936, when the Bridge Restoring Train No. 1 was built on Eurasian base no. 50 of the city of Tula. Then, 77 years ago, experts of the enterprise were constructing a series of bridges over the city of Moscow, and afterwards, in the Leningrad region. In March of 1943, the Bridge Restoring Train was redeployed into Astrakhan to construct a railroad crossing and a bridge over the Volga River. In 1977, the BridgeTrain was renamed to Bridge Construction Crew No. 83.
52 years ago, the Bridge Construction Crew No. 83 became a part of the consolidated company, in accordance with the order of the USSR Ministry of Transport Construction dated 28 January 1961. On the base of bridge construction organizations in the cities of Saratov, Uralsk, Orsk, Samara, Orenburg and Astrakhan, the Bridge Construction Administration No. 3 was established. From that point, the Volgomost company saw a new period in its history. In 2011, the company celebrated its 50-year anniversary.
By the order of the USSR Ministry of Transport Construction in 1962, the Bridge Construction Administration No. 3 was renamed to the Bridge Construction Trust No. 3 (Mostostroy No. 3). The objective of the enterprise was to build railroad and motorway bridges, buildings, enterprises and other structures. The administration was an independent contracting agency that executed projects of the Main Administration. The industrial work force of the trust was used in bridge construction projects near the basin of the Middle and Lower Volga River and the Ural River.
As of 1 January 1993, Bridge Construction Trust No. 3 was reorganized into a joint-stock company of the open type called "Volgomost" ("Volgomost" JSCOT).
"Volgomost" Joint-Stock Company of the Open Type ("Volgomost" JSCOT) was reorganized into "Volgomost" Open Joint-Stock Company in accordance with the On Joint-Stock Companies Federal Law dated 26 December 1995 and with the protocol of the general stockholder’s meeting dated 25 April 1996.
During the years of its existence, the structure of the OJSC "Volgomost" has changed multiple times. At different points in its existence, the structure of the company held departments such as the bridge construction crews in Guryev, Naberezhnye Chelny, Mineralnye Vody, Kuibyshev, Vladikavkaz, as well as the repair and rental base, the information and computational center, the bridge reinforced concrete construction factory. In the last five years, as a result of a merger between the bases and the Bridge Construction Crew No. 3, the bridge construction crew in Naberezhnye Chelny was reorganized, the Bridge Construction Crew No. 131 was established in Ulyanovsk, which, in 2010, was partly redeployed into the city of Sochi for participation in the construction of Olympic structures. Also, representative offices in the cities of Krasnodar, Moscow and Saratov were opened.
Today OJSC "Volgomost" is composed of:
1. Bridge Construction Crew No. 3 in the city of Kazan, established 21 August 1945
2. Bridge Construction Crew No. 8 in the city of Engels, established 11 March 1950
3. Bridge Construction Crew No. 20 in the city of Penza, established 1938
4. Bridge Construction Crew No. 21 in the city of Samara, established August 1942
5. Bridge Construction Crew No. 56 in the city of Orenburg, established 06 February 1944
6. Bridge Construction Crew No. 57 in the city of Volgograd, established in 08 May 1947
7. Bridge Construction Crew No. 83 in the city of Astrakhan, established in 1936
8. Bridge Construction Crew No. 131 in the cities of Ulyanovsk and Sochi, established 14 November 2005
9. Mechanization Management in the city of Saratov, established 31 October 1961
10. Volgoproektstroymost design department in the city of Saratov, established 01 June 1993
11. Representative office in the city of Krasnodar, established 26 June 2012
12. Representative office in the city of Saratov on the airport construction project, established 15 February 2013
13. Representative office in the city of Moscow, established 06 February 2008